When it comes to choosing the right siding for your home, it’s important to select a material that offers the beauty, durability, and easy care you desire, giving your home years of great curb appeal and long-lasting performance. And one choice of siding stands out for its superior performance and the many advantages it offers in every arena — fiber cement siding.
Fiber cement siding is highly prized by the Indianapolis area homeowners who choose it for their siding installation. And once you know what fiber cement siding can offer your home, you’ll understand why so many people choose it. Fiber cement siding offers many benefits that homeowners appreciate.
A Quick Look at Fiber Cement Siding
So, what exactly is fiber cement?
Simply put, fiber cement is a man-made material that is eco-friendly, long-lived, and attractive as a form of siding for your home. Crafted from a mixture of wood pulp, water, fly ash, and cement, fiber cement is one of the most popular forms of siding board in America.
It’s easy to care for, non-toxic, and adaptable to any style of home, providing homeowners with a superior siding material that enhances curb appeal for years.
7 Benefits You’ll Enjoy with Fiber Cement Siding Board
1. Beautiful, Customizable Appearance
Homeowners covet exterior siding that helps their home to stand out as a star in its neighborhood. That’s one of the best reasons to consider investing in fiber cement siding. Fiber cement siding:
• Is highly versatile and works with any type of home
• Can easily mimic the look of wood, brick, stucco, and other materials
• Comes in a wide range of colors and styles to suit your preferences
• Can be mixed-and-matched to create nearly any look you can imagine
2. Long-Lasting Performance
An excellent reason to invest in fiber cement siding board is its ability to last for years and years. Its unique man-made formula doesn’t give way to the wear and tear other materials succumb to. Fiber cement outlasts other materials because:
• It doesn’t rot or erode
• It won’t crack or dent easily
• It resists the wear and tear of weather — including rain, snow, ice, hail, high winds, salt water, heat, and humidity
• It is well-suited for any climate in any region of the U.S.
3. Simple Maintenance
Unlike many other exterior home materials — brick, stone, wood, and stucco — fiber cement boards don’t rot or crumble. Fiber cement siding doesn’t need frequent painting. As long as fiber cement siding is properly installed by an experienced siding contractor, the maintenance is a breeze. Simply:
• Reapply caulk along the edges every few years
• Gently rinse the siding once or twice a year with a hose
4. Resistance to the Elements
Other forms of siding, such as wood and brick, can take a beating from the daily wear and tear of weather. But fiber cement siding outperforms other materials when it comes to standing up to the elements.
• As a man-made material, fiber cement isn’t subject to breaking down like wood, stone, and less durable materials.
• Fiber cement performs well in any climate, giving you peace of mind in installing it, no matter where you live.
5. Resistance to Fire
Another impressive feature of fiber cement that offers homeowners an added sense of security is its fire-resistant nature.
• Fiber cement siding won’t ignite when exposed to flames.
• It’s a desirable choice for homeowners who want to protect their home.
6. Great Long-Term Savings
For many reasons, fiber cement siding board is an excellent choice for homeowners who are thinking of maximizing their savings over time. Among the ways fiber cement siding saves you in the long run:
• It’s energy efficient! Fiber cement’s long-lasting nature means it stays in place longer. As a result, your home stays sealed better, keeping in cool air during warmer months and retaining warm air during cold weather.
• It doesn’t need painting as often as other materials. If properly primed, fiber cement siding typically only needs repainting every 12-15 years. Compare that to wood, which needs repainting every 3-5 years.
7. Increased Resale Value
Because fiber cement siding looks beautiful and is so long-lasting and durable, it significantly adds to a home’s value in the eyes of buyers. Homeowners get a great return on investment when they install fiber cement siding board.
Why Choose James Hardie Fiber Cement Siding?
When it comes to fiber cement siding products, James Hardie® is America’s leading brand, offering impressive performance and beauty for any home. For this reason, professional James Hardie siding contractors are highly sought after by homeowners ready for a siding replacement.
At JD Hostetter & Associates, we love recommending James Hardie to Indianapolis homeowners because:
• It looks stunning on any home
• It adapts nicely to any architectural style you want to match
• It stands up well in any climate
• It provides homeowners with years of fantastic performance to enjoy
• It has a fantastic warranty
Partner with Siding Experts who Care About the Details
When your home’s exterior doesn’t look as good or perform as well as you’d like, it can be a frustrating experience. We believe you deserve exterior siding that ensures you love the way your home appears from the curb and how well it stands up over time.
As a James Hardie Elite Preferred Contractor, we specialize in installing James Hardie fiber cement siding for homeowners in and around Indianapolis. We install your siding to James Hardie’s exacting standards, so you not only enjoy an installation done right, but you also get the full benefit of James Hardie’s exceptional warranty.
We’re happy to offer you a free consultation and a detailed estimate and timeline so you have all the information you need to make a great choice for your home — and then enjoy your home’s beauty and performance for years to come.