If you own a home, then you know what it’s like to pull into your driveway, smiling at how beautiful your home appears and how well it handles wear and tear. And you probably also know what it’s like to look at your home and notice all the little issues that need attention—including any worn siding that detracts from its curb appeal.
So, when it’s time to look for replacement siding to upgrade and enhance your home exterior, it pays to choose a brand that’s going to last a long time, look great for years to come, and makes you confident and happy with your home. It’s time to invest in James Hardie® siding. The team at JD Hostetter is ready to answer your questions.
Why Choose Hardie Siding?
An innovative leader in creating long-lasting, strong, attractive fiber cement products, James Hardie offers one of the most versatile, customizable, high-performing siding lines available to homeowners and siding contractors. Homeowners love the long-lasting performance of their fiber cement siding, which is one reason why it’s so popular among Indianapolis area homeowners.
James Hardie siding offers many superb advantages that homeowners and experienced siding contractors alike can appreciate. Here are several ways it benefits your home over the long-term.
Versatile, Customizable Look
One of the greatest reasons to choose James Hardie products is the versatility they provide homeowners.
• Looks as good as wood, stone or brick—Hardie siding has a rich texture that can mimic the look and feel of wood, brick, or even stone. It looks beautiful for years, adding to your home’s curb appeal.
• Available in many styles—You’ll have a variety of styles to choose from—many products that can be mixed and matched to create just about any look you want. It can even be used on historic homes because it can mimic so many different looks.
Attractive Color Choices
No matter what color makes your heart happy, this siding can adapt to it. You have two options:
• Primed for painting—Your James Hardie siding contractor can install boards and trim that are primed for painting, so you can apply any color you choose after installation.
• Baked-on color—You can choose from the wide range of colors available directly from James Hardie. Through the company’s unique ColorPlus® technology, this color is baked onto your siding, lasting much longer than the average paint job and giving you years of beautiful color.
Engineered for Climate®
James Hardie fiber cement siding is purposefully made to handle the weather of any climate. With their unique Engineered for Climate® approach, their siding:
• Handles any weather—It performs well no matter what the weather brings—including snow, ice, rain, hail, ocean spray, wind, sun, heat, and dust.
• Is a great fit for your specific home—These siding products are designed specifically for the weather variations typical of the Indianapolis area—making it a perfect option for your home.
Simple, Low-Cost Maintenance
Homeowners who want easy maintenance need look no further than James Hardie siding, which is easy to care for. Once a year, simply take two steps:
• Use soap and water—Wipe down your siding with a gentle mixture of soap and water to loosen any dirt and dust.
• Rinse—Rinse the siding gently with a garden hose. There’s no need to use a power washer.
Resistant to Damage
James Hardie fiber cement siding performs well when it comes to defeating the pests and problems that affect other home-building materials. It:
• Stands up to moisture—Fiber cement siding doesn’t rot like wood can. And when properly installed by a Certified James Hardie® Elite Preferred Contractor, it is much less likely to get water behind it, or similar issues that can happen with other forms of siding.
• Is non-combustible—One of the greatest safety features of fiber cement is that the material doesn’t burn. Hardie siding is even rated non-combustible, promising homeowners superb protection from damaging house fires.
Outstanding Return on Investment
When it comes to home improvements, cost isn’t the only factor to consider. You also want to think about how your investment will pay you back over time.
• Cost-effective over time—Because this siding performs so well and lasts so long, installing it is a great way to improve your home’s value over the long-term.
• Enhanced resale value—With its superior performance, James Hardie fiber cement siding is prized by homeowners, so installing it now can boost your home’s appeal to buyers when you are ready to sell it.
For homeowners who are interested in sustainable, environmentally green materials, James Hardie products are an excellent choice.
• Not toxic—Fiber cement siding is made from a mix of wood fibers, sand and cement, which are not toxic to the environment.
• Lower transportation impact—By sourcing materials locally and crafting products in regional manufacturing sites, James Hardie is reducing the environmental impact of transporting its products.
• Commitment to green living—With its Zero to Landfill Project, James Hardie aims to cut its landfill waste in half.
• Fewer replacements over time—Because this fiber cement siding lasts so long, less of it has to be made and replaced, further lowering the environmental impact of home materials.
Hardie siding comes with a 30-year warranty—considered one of the best in the home construction industry. Its trim products come with a 15-year warranty, as does its ColorPlus Technology. This gives you years of peace of mind about your siding.
Choose the Siding Contractor Indianapolis Residents Trust
When you’re ready for new siding, or you just want to consult an experienced James Hardie siding contractor to learn about your options, reach out to our friendly team at JD Hostetter & Associates. We’ll provide you with a detailed price estimate and timeline so you know exactly what to expect from us.
To learn more about our services and discover how our experienced, detail-oriented team can handle all your home’s exterior siding needs, contact us to schedule a free consultation today.